All Saints’ Church,
High Street, Lamport.
Northants. NN6 9HB
Benefice:- Part of The Faxton Group of Churches.
Unringable, anti-clockwise ring of 4 bells.
- Treble. 1872. John Taylor & Co. (5-0-16).
- 2nd. 1641. Hugh II Watts. (5 cwt.)
- 3rd. 1641. Hugh II Watts. (6¼ cwt.)
- Tenor. 1616. Tobias I Norris of Stamford. (8 cwt.)
- Ropes drop into ringing chamber at each corner.
- At present, unknown.
- The bell installation has previously been professionally examined and a plan formulated to augment the existing ring to six bells.
- It is believed that this venture will be a very futuristic project, always depending on available funds and determination.
The Earlier Bells.
- The treble was re-cast in 1872, from an earlier bell dated 1663 by Christopher Graye.
- J TAYLOR & Co FOUNDERS LOUGHBOROUGH 1872. ((on waist >>)) : CHRISTOPHER GRAYE MADE ME 1663. ALTHOUGH RECAST I AM NOT NEW 1872.
- IH’S NAZARENVS REX : IVDEORVM FILI : DEI MISERERE : MEI 1641. (Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews, Son of God have mercy on me)
- IH’S NAZARENVS REX : IVDEORVM FILI : DEI MISERERE : MEI 1641. (Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews, O Son of God have mercy on me)
- NON : CLAMOR : SED : AMOR : CANTAT : IN : AURE : DEI : 1616. (Love’s voice not noise sings in the ear of God)
Village & nearby amenities include :-
- Heritage railway & station on Pitsford/Brampton road.
- Linear Country Park following a dis-used 14 mile long railway track.
- Public house.
- Stately home.