All Saints’ Church,
Church Street, Brixworth.
Northants. NN6 9BZ
An established by-pass (A508), routes to the east of Brixworth village.
Benefice:- Brixworth with Holcot.
- Treble. 1993. Whitechapel Bell Foundry Ltd. (*7-0-21).
- 2nd. 1622. Hugh II Watts. (7-2-5).
- 3rd. 1622. Hugh II Watts. (8-0-22).
- 4th. 1622. Hugh II Watts. (9-1-24).
- 5th. 1622. Hugh II Watts. (12-2-14).
- Tenor. 1683. Henry II Bagley. (**Wt.16-0-10).
*Heaviest Treble bell in the Guilsborough Branch.
**Heaviest Tenor in the Guilsborough Branch.
- Notice for visiting bell ringers :-
- To dis-engage clock bell hammer, pull & hook down control cable located on north wall of tower.
Approx. 26 steps of a clockwise spiral staircase, lead up to ringing area.
Upper floor rope layout plan.
⇒ spiral stairs down⇒
…… west…..↑ door ↑…..wall…..
3rd. rope spider Tenor
……↓ glazed panels & nave↓……
<<< south tower door <<< EXIT
Practice night : Friday, 8.00pm. to 9.00pm.
Toilet Facilities at Heritage Centre.
Accessibility to Church.
- Sloping path from car park up to south porch, then one shallow & two steps up through door & second glazed door into nave.
Accessibility to ringing area.
- Either, via internal west door from nave, two steps down to tower base, or via external south door directly into tower base followed by two steps up to start of spiral staircase. (approx. 26 steps to ringing area).
“Off-road” car parking area adjacent to the Church, accessible from Church St. via Cross Hill.
- Good rope circle.
- Rope guides.
- Metal frame.
- Metal headstocks.
The Earlier Bells.
- According to records, there were 5 bells in 1878.
- These are now the modern day 2nd. to Tenor bells.
Inscriptions, pre 1993 line up in brackets.
- GOD SAVE QUEEN ELIZABETH II IN THE YEAR OUR LORD. ONE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND NINETY THREE
- (1) GOD SAVE THE KING 1622
- (2) CVM SONO SI NON VIS VENERE NVNQVAM AD PRECES CYPIES IRE 1622
- If you be unwilling to come when I call, To prayers you’ll not wish to go at all.
- (3) CELORVM CHRSTE PLATIAT TIBI REX SONVS ISTE 1622
- O Christ the King of Heaven, may this sound be pleasing to Thee.
- (4) IH’S : NAZARENVS REX : IVDEORVM FILI : DEI MISERERE : MEI 1622
- Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews, O Son of God have mercy on me.
- (5) PRO REGE ET ECLESIA HENRICVS BAGLEY ME FECIT 1683.
- For the King and the Church Henry Bagley made me 1683.
Village & nearby amenities include :-
Country park, Bakery, Butchers shop, Fish & Chip shop,
Garage services, Hardware shop, Heritage centre.
Petrol & diesel fuel, Post Office,
Public houses, Small Supermarket,