All Saints’ Church,
Main Street, Cottesbrooke.
Northants. NN6 8PQ
Benefice:- Part of the Uplands Group of Churches.
- Treble. 1994. Whitechapel Bell Foundry Ltd. (5-2-4).
- 2nd. 1994. Whitechapel Bell Foundry Ltd. (5-2-17).
- 3rd. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (6-2-5).
- 4th. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (6-3-0).
- 5th. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (7-3-4).
- 6th. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (8-3-22).
- 7th. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (11-0-7).
- Tenor. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (Wt.14-0-21).
- Bells – 1, 2, 5 & 6 swing N⇑ ⇓ S
- Bells – 3, 4, 7 & 8 swing E ⇔ W
Ground Floor rope layout plan.
…West wall & window of tower…
rope spider. belfry ladder ⇑
…⇓…Open access to nave…⇓…
(One step up from nave to ringing area)
South door ⇐ ⇐ ⇐ EXIT ⇐ ⇐ ⇐
- Notice for visiting bell ringers :-
- To dis-engage clock bell hammer, pull & hook down control cable located (next to rope spider anchorage) on south wall of tower.
Accessibility to Church.
- Wide Churchyard path from roadside, via the east gate, up to south porch entrance , followed by one shallow step down into porch, then level access through Church door to nave.
- Alternative route from the west gate involves several steps up from roadside, then inclined path up to south porch.
Limited “on-road” car parking outside Church, adjacent to the east gate.
- Please be aware of entrance drives & pathways leading to houses close to Church, also, be aware of wide agricultural vehicles using Main Street.
- Good rope circle.
- 4th. rope falls close to belfry ladder.
- Metal frame.
- Metal headstocks.
- Conventional stays, bells 1 & 2.
- Hastings stays, bells 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8.
No practice night.
The Earlier Bells.
- Records show that 4 bells existed in 1552.
- The 4 bells were re-cast plus extra metal added in 1702 by Henry II Bagley to give a ring of six.
- Finally, two more were added in 1995 by Whitechapel Foundry making up the present day ring of eight bells.
Inscriptions on the six bells of 1702.
- 1) D.D. DNS JOHES LANGHAM MILES ET BARONETTUS 1702.
- 2) JOHN REDE ESQVIR HENRY BAGLEY ME FECIT 1702.
- 3) HENRICUS BAGLEY ME FECIT 1702.
- 4) WILLIAM LITCHFIELD GAVE FIVE POUNDS TO THEIS BELL 1702.
- 5) JOHN PIERCE RECTOR HENRICUS BAGLEY ME FECIT 1702.
- 6) JOHN SLATTER RICHARD CONCVS CHVRCHWARDENS 1702.
Inscriptions on new treble bell and No.2 bell.
- IN MEMORY OF HARRY CAZENOVE 1943 – 1991 // WHITECHAPEL 1994
- GIVEN BY DAVID P. WESTERMAN AND GUILD RINGERS FROM THE SURROUNDING AREA. // WHITECHAPEL 1994
Village amenities include ;-
Stately home & gardens.