All Saints’ Church,
Main Street, Cottesbrooke.
Northants. NN6 8PQ
Benefice:- Part of the Uplands Group of Churches.
- Treble. 1995. Whitechapel Bell Foundry Ltd. (5-2-4).
- 2nd. 1995. Whitechapel Bell Foundry Ltd. (5-2-17).
- 3rd. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (6-2-5).
- 4th. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (6-3-0).
- 5th. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (7-3-4).
- 6th. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (8-3-22).
- 7th. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (11-0-7).
- Tenor. 1702. Henry II Bagley. (Wt.14-0-21).
- Notice for visiting bell ringers :-
- To dis-engage clock bell hammer, pull & hook down control cable located (next to rope spider anchorage) on south wall of tower.
Accessibility to Church.
- Wide Churchyard path from roadside, via the east gate, up to south porch entrance , followed by one shallow step down into porch, then level access through Church door to nave.
- Alternative route from the west gate involves several steps up from roadside, then inclined path up to south porch.
- Good rope circle.
- 4th. rope falls close to belfry ladder.
No practice night.
Limited “on-road” car parking outside Church, adjacent to the east gate.
- Please be aware of entrance drives & pathways leading to houses close to Church, also, be aware of wide agricultural vehicles using Main Street.
The Earlier Bells.
- Records show that 4 bells existed in 1552.
- The 4 bells were re-cast plus extra metal added in 1702 by Henry II Bagley to give a ring of six.
- Finally, two more were added in 1995 by Whitechapel’s making up the present day ring of eight bells.
Village amenities include ;-
Stately home & gardens.