St. Denys’ Church,
Church Hill, Ravensthorpe.
Northants. NN6 8EL
Benefice:- Part of the Uplands Group of Churches.
- Treble. 1809. John Briant. (3-3-3).
- 2nd. 1809. John Briant. (3-3-20).
- 3rd. 1809. John Briant. (4-1-21).
- 4th. 1809. John Briant. (5-0-10).
- Tenor. 1887. John Taylor & Co. (Wt.7-2-0).
- Notice for visiting bell ringers:
- To dis-engage clock bell hammer, pull & hook down control cable located on west wall of tower.
Ground Floor rope layout plan.
……west wall & window of tower……
Clock hammer, disengage position →
rope spider belfry ladder ⇑
…….↓open & level access to nave↓……
south door <<< EXIT <<<
- Compact, but good rope circle.
- The bells are rung for weddings & other special occasions.
- Very dull lighting.
- Two-tier metal frame.
Accessibility to Church.
- A series of 4 wide steps leads up from the roadside pavement, then one step up into south porch.
- Level access through door to nave.
The Earlier Bells.
Records show that in 1712 there were 3 bells.
- Treble. 1627. Hugh II Watts.
- (IHS : NAZARENVS REX IVDEORVM FILI DEI MISERERE MEI. 1627)
- (Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews, O Son of God have mercy on me).
- 2nd. unknown date or founder.
- Tenor. 1712, unknown founder.
- (Mr. Daniel Some and Mr. William Archer Churchwardens 1712.)
Village amenities include :-