All Saints’ Church,
High Street, Clipston.
Benefice:- Clipston, Haselbech, Kelmarsh & Naseby.
Tower Contact : Nich Wilson. Mobile : 07767 728 767.
- Treble. 1752. Thomas I Eayre of Kettering.
- 2nd. 1599. “Leicester Foundry”.
- 3rd. 1685. William Bagley.
- 4th. 1589. “Leicester Foundry”.
- Tenor. 1869. John Taylor & Co. (Wt. 13-3-0).
The ringing area is accessed via a stairway from ground floor level.
Upper floor rope layout plan.
…west wall & window of tower…
Tenor rope spider
…… ↓half-glazed nave partition↓ ……
South door ⇐ ⇐ ⇐ EXIT Toilet facilities >>>
Clock hammer disengagement control cable adjacent to foot of stairs leading to ringing chamber.
- Good rope circle.
- Wooden frame.
- Wooden headstocks.
- Cast-in crown staples on bells 1 – 4.
- Clapper bearing turning blocks on bells 1 – 4.
- Conventional stays.
No practice night.
Ringing prior to Sunday services.
- Ellacombe style chiming apparatus installed but dis-used.
The Earlier Bells
- It would appear that there have been no changes made to the 5 bells since 1878. It seems likely though, judging by the varied dates of the bells, there is more history to uncover.
- Pre 1878, tenor bell recorded as cracked.
Further research is required.
- JOHN BUSWELL & THOMAS LAWRENCE CHURCH WARDENS A.D. 1752 T. EAYRE FECIT
- JHESUS BE OUR SPEDE 1599.
- WILLIAM BAGLEY OF NORTHAMPTON HE MADE MEE 1681
- GIVE GOD THE PRAISE ((Note : letters forming GIVE are inverted))
- J TAYLOR & Co FOUNDERS LOUGHBOROUGH 1869.
Village amenities include :-