St. Peter & St. Paul’s Church,
Old Road, Scaldwell.
Northants. NN6 9JN
Benefice:- Walgrave, Old & Scaldwell.
- Treble. 1961. John Taylor & Co. (4-3-14).
- 2nd. 1621. Hugh II Watts. (5-2-26).
- 3rd. 1682. Henry II Bagley. (6-2-20).
- 4th. 1621. Hugh II Watts. (7-1-9).
- Tenor. 1621. Hugh II Watts. (Wt.10-0-2).
- To disable clock hammer, pull & hook down control cable located on north wall of tower in ringing chamber.
Ground floor rope layout plan.
…………west wall of tower…………
⇑ Belfry ladder
2nd. rope spider Tenor.
…..↓ nave & door↓…..
One step up to ringing area from nave.
<<< south door <<< EXIT
- Good compact rope circle.
- Rope guides.
- Belfry ladder between No’s. 2 & 3 ropes.
- Metal frame.
- Metal headstocks.
- Conventional stays.
Ringing Practices :
- 1st, 3rd. and 5th. Wednesday, 7.00pm. to 8.30pm.
- For simulator enquiries, please contact Elaine Greatrex, mobile : 07726 796 503
Accessibility to Church.
- Very short lane from main road up to Church gate, 3 steps up through gateway, short gravel path & then one shallow step up to south porch, followed by 3 steps down from door, into nave.
Limited “On-road” car parking on minor roads, adjacent to Church.
- Please be aware of entrance drives & pathways leading to houses close to Church.
- Please refrain from parking on grass verges by Church.
The Earlier bells.
- Records show there were 4 bells in 1878. They still represent today’s 2nd.3rd.4th. & Tenor bells.
Inscriptions as at 1878 (in brackets).
- (1) IH’S : NAZARENVS REX : IVDEORVM FILI : DEI MISERERE : MEI 1621
- Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews, O Son of God have mercy on me.
- (2) HENRY BAGLEY MADE MEE 1682.
- (3) CELORVM CHRSTE PLATIAT TIBI REX SONVS ISTE 1621
- O Christ the King of Heaven, may this sound be pleasing to Thee.
- (4) CVM SONO SI NON VIS VENERE NVNQVAM AD PRECES CYPIES IRE 1621
- If you be unwilling to come when I call, To prayers you’ll not wish to go at all.
Village amenities include :-
Scaldwell village club. Website link.