St. Michael & All Angels Church,
Cottesbrooke Road, Haselbech.
Northants. NN6 9LJ
Benefice:- Clipston, Haselbech, Kelmarsh & Naseby.
Tower Contact : Nich Wilson. Mobile : 07767 728 767.
- Treble. 1930. Gillett & Johnston. (4-0-23).
- 2nd. 1930. Gillett & Johnston. (4-2-14).
- 3rd. 1930. Gillett & Johnston. (5-0-17).
- 4th. 1621. Hugh II Watts. (4-1-18).
- 5th. 1621. Hugh II Watts. (5-1-4).
- 6th. 1930. Gillett & Johnston. (7-1-11).
- 7th. 1930. Gillett & Johnston. (10-3-2).
- Tenor. 1930. Gillett & Johnston. (Wt.15-0-12).
Clock with hour & quarter chimes.
- Notice to visiting Ringers.
- To dis-engage clock & chime hammers prior to ringing, please pull & hook down 3 control cables located on west wall of tower.
Ground floor rope layout plan.
……west wall & window of tower……
……↓… nave partition & door…↓……
<<< south door <<< Exit
- Good rope circle.
- No. 3 bell, deep set.
- Tenor bell “shouts” down the clock weight conduit due to open boarding in bell chamber plus other relevant issues.
- A routine repair & maintenance inspection already in progress this year (2018) hopefully will eradicate this & the other issues.
- Two-tier metal frame.
- Metal headstocks.
- Conventional stays.
Accessibility to Church.
- Level approach path from road to south door.
- Several steps down into Nave.
Ringing for Service : 1st. Sunday, 9.00am. to 9.30am.
No ringing practice.
- Ellacombe style chiming apparatus installed but now dis-used.
The Earlier Bells.
In 1878, records show 4 bells.
- Treble.1621. Hugh II Watts.
- GEORGE BAGSHAWE PARSON 1621
- 2nd. 1621. Hugh II Watts. (present 4th.)
- JOHN WALPOLE THOMAS IRELAND CHVRCHWARDENS 1621
- 3rd. 1621. Hugh II Watts. (present 5th.)
- CVM SONO SI NON VIS VENERE NVNQVAM AD PRECES CYPIES IRE 1621
- If you be unwilling to come when I call, To prayers you’ll not wish to go at all.
- Tenor. 1621. Hugh II Watts.
- IH’S : NAZARENVS REX : IVDEORVM FILI : DEI MISERERE : MEI 1621
- Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews, O Son of God have mercy on me.
In 1930, 2 of these bells were presumably re-cast plus 4 more new castings added, to give the present ring, a total of 8 bells.
The remaining 2 bells, (original 2nd. & 3rd.) were integrated with the new bells & became the 4th. & 5th. respectively.