St. Michael & All Angels Church,
Cottesbrooke Road, Haselbech.
Northants. NN6 9LJ
Benefice:- Clipston, Haselbech, Kelmarsh & Naseby.
Tower Contact : Nich Wilson. Mobile : 07767 728 767.
- Treble. 1930. Gillett & Johnston. (4-0-23).
- 2nd. 1930. Gillett & Johnston. (4-2-14).
- 3rd. 1930. Gillett & Johnston. (5-0-17).
- 4th. 1621. Hugh II Watts. (4-1-18).
- 5th. 1621. Hugh II Watts. (5-1-4).
- 6th. 1930. Gillett & Johnston. (7-1-11).
- 7th. 1930. Gillett & Johnston. (10-3-2).
- Tenor. 1930. Gillett & Johnston. (Wt.15-0-12).
Clock with hour & quarter chimes.
- Notice to visiting Ringers.
- To dis-engage clock & chime hammers prior to ringing, please pull & hook down 3 control cables located on west wall of tower.
Ground floor rope layout plan.
……west wall & window of tower……
……↓… nave partition & door…↓……
<<< south door <<< Exit
- Good rope circle.
- No. 3 bell, deep set.
- Maintained bell installation.
- Two-tier metal frame.
- Metal headstocks.
- Conventional stays.
Accessibility to Church.
- Level approach path from road to south door.
- Several steps down into Nave.
Ringing for Service : 1st. Sunday, 9.00am. to 9.30am.
Ringing practice usually 1st. Friday of each month.
- Ellacombe style chiming apparatus installed but now dis-used.
The Earlier Bells.
In 1878, records show 4 bells.
- Treble.1621. Hugh II Watts.
- GEORGE BAGSHAWE PARSON 1621
- 2nd. 1621. Hugh II Watts. (present 4th.)
- JOHN WALPOLE THOMAS IRELAND CHVRCHWARDENS 1621
- 3rd. 1621. Hugh II Watts. (present 5th.)
- CVM SONO SI NON VIS VENERE NVNQVAM AD PRECES CYPIES IRE 1621
- If you be unwilling to come when I call, To prayers you’ll not wish to go at all.
- Tenor. 1621. Hugh II Watts.
- IH’S : NAZARENVS REX : IVDEORVM FILI : DEI MISERERE : MEI 1621
- Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews, O Son of God have mercy on me.
In 1930, the bell installation was augmented to 8 bells. The treble and tenor bells were subsequently removed and acted as “gate guardians” to the entrance of the ringing chamber. They remained in this role until 1987 whereupon the metal was used for the casting of 6 new bells at St. Benedict’s Church, West Hunsbury, Northampton.
The remaining 2 bells, (original 2nd. & 3rd.) were integrated with the new bells & became the 4th. & 5th. respectively.